VIDEO: The Only Oatmeal Recipe You’ll Ever Need: The Golden Oatmeal
With the beauty of following a healthy diet, comes the struggle of falling back into old habits. Some also tend to give into their cravings uncontrollably at times and now have to work extra hard for the next couple of days, or even weeks to recover lost ground. The Golden Oatmeal recipe is my way to keep me sane and to continue following a lean healthy diet without going insane.
Cheat day necessarily doesn’t need to include a full day of face stuffing and junk food eating. Adding oatmeal cream pies to my go-to morning Oatmeal recipe is the perfect way for me to have a “cheat day”. It’s one of the best oatmeal recipes you’ll find out there. And it’s the perfect sugar rush I need to reset my cravings and keep me on a healthy track. Here’s the recipe and how to make it.
What You Need :
- 12oz of unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 cup Quaker Oats.
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
- 2 tbps of crunchy or creamy peanut butter.
- 1/2 tbps of cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 2 Oatmeal Cream Pies.
- Start by boiling the almond milk on the stove in a pot where you can add all of the ingredients.
- Once the almond milk is boiling, add the Quaker oats to the water. Change the element level from high to low. if not you will burn your oatmeal as it cooks very fast.
- Stir your oatmeal until it starts to thickens.
- Once your oatmeal thickens, add the cottage cheese to the pot and stir,
- Add the peanut butter and cinnamon to the pot and stir.
- FINAL TOUCH! Take the Cream Pies out of their plastic wrapping and add them into the pot. You will have to crush them in the pot with your spoon and stir until they are completely melted. Your oatmeal should now have a golden color.
- Remove it from the oven and EAT!
Pretty simple to make right?
Like I mentioned earlier, this recipe is absolutely amazing. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below and ill be sure to reply.